Smart Communities Polk Team
The traditional work of the Smart Communities Team has been to educate and build community consensus around the vital importance of a robust broadband network in Polk County.
- A partnership between the City of Lakeland and the Polk County Public School District to connect more than 40 schools in the Lakeland area to high-speed fiber with 1 Gig service.
- The City of Haines City is working with the Polk County Public School District to provide 1 Gig service to their schools.
- Unprecedented collaboration and coordination with Florida Department of Transportation District One with respect to dig once policy and fiber installation along State roadways.
- Resolutions adopted by the county and 6 municipalities supporting the broadband and smart technology efforts of the Smart Communities LEAD team.
- Supported the commission of a Smart Communities assessment of the City of Winter Haven conducted by students from Florida Polytechnic University