Talent Pipeline Team
The Talent Pipeline Team was formed cooperatively by Polk Vision in partnership with the Central Florida Development Council. The Team is committed to filling the gap of high skill, high wage jobs through innovative collaborations and aligning the resources of businesses, education institutions, and the community. The Talent Pipeline team serves as the Local College Acess Network
Over the course of the past year, the Team developed a multi-pronged tactical plan aimed at creating a pipeline of well- trained, credentialed and skilled individuals ready to meet Polk County’s current and emerging industry workforce needs.
Facilitating systemic change through a bottom-up and top-down model, the plan is to increase educational attainment - substantially altering local conditions, improving quality of life and serving as an economic catalyst for increased productivity.
More students will graduate from high school with direct pathways to careers or post-secondary education. This will provide a more robust pipeline of talent and skills in targeted areas to minimize the existing gap of employable individuals in particular job roles and sectors.
Establish post-secondary partnerships with public high schools to provide additional resources.
- October 2016 Professional Development college/career advisors
- Workshop support network for FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid), and College Signing events
- Develop College and Career Readiness resources in print and web
Establish opportunities for students to bridge school to work by developing rich and complex mentorship and other experiential learning programs.
- Establish inventory of workplace experiences
- High school
- Identify pilot projects
- Employability skills program-badge(s)
- Other internship program options
- Talent Development Network model
- Support Polk Career Academies strategic direction
Develop a marketing strategy for broad community understanding of the steps leading to career and college readiness.
- Creation of print and web materials to guide parents and students
- Implement information dissemination plan via Polk Vision
- Community forums
- Development of timely, topical messaging regarding the numerous success stories and achievements of public school students
- CFDC and Polk County Schools