WELCOME TO POLK VISION
Polk Vision is a broad, community-led partnership of organizations, businesses, government and individuals working collaboratively to align resources and develop solutions to address issues critical to the 17 communities in Polk County.
We started in 2003 and every day we are making progress. Our approach to addressing issues is simple, we LEAD. We Learn all we can about an issue, we Engage community partners knowledgeable and passionate about the issue, we Align resources to address the issue and we Develop a plan that will result in systemic change.
Our 14 Teams are working on issues that are part of bigger, harder to solve problems that affect our communities: Literacy, Attendance, Obesity, Graduation Rates, Worksite Wellness, Broadband, Infrastructure (sidewalks, transit, water), Indigent Healthcare, Quality of Life, Economic Development, Government (cooperation, collaboration, participation), Arts and Culture, Leadership and Public Safety.
We're working collectively to make Polk County a premier place to learn, live, work and play!
Building a Healthier Polk is a group of community partners brought together by Polk Vision, who are working toward the goal of reducing the obesity rate in Polk County. The Team hosted a LEAD event on May 24, 2016, to present the work from their first 3 years and to discuss the Initiative's next steps.
Building a Healthier Polk LEAD panel discussion:
On June 10, 2016, Polk Vision's Broadband Team hosted the Smart Communities Summit. Guest speakers from public & private industry discussed the importance of building smart communities and how affordable, high-speed access will make Polk the best place to learn, live, work and play!
Smart Communities Summit:
Before 2030, Polk County:
• will have a world-class, fully integrated education system that supports the needs of a vibrant, progressive community.
• will have an economic development environment that attracts quality businesses with higher paying jobs, improves productivity, and retains educated young people.
• will have growth management and infrastructure that protects the environment, enhances quality of life, supports education and economic development, and is economically sustainable.
• will have a comprehensive system of government that is effective, efficient, diverse, and responsive to the basic needs of its citizens.
• will have a quality of life that encourages diverse backgrounds to live in harmony while developing physically, spiritually, mentally, and culturally within a healthy and safe environment.
• will have private sector leadership that drives the partnership with government and citizens to ensure that Polk County is a premiere place to live, learn, work, and play.
Click ‘here‘ to view the all strategies in the original Polk Vision Document.
Get Social with Us!
1035 S. Florida Avenue, Suite 106
Lakeland, Florida 33803